The mission of the Marien Ngouabi University (UMNG) is to provide higher education, research and expertise and advice to the people of Congo. In doing this we aim to contribute to the development of Congo, to its regional integration, and the promotion of its culture and international cooperation in the scientific, technical, and cultural domains.
UMNG offers a diverse and multidimensional training that covers eleven areas of higher education corresponding to its eleven institutions:
- National School of Administration and Magistracy (ENAM)
- Teacher Training School (ENS)
- National School of Agronomy and Forestry (ENSAF)
- National School of Engineering(ENSP)
- Faculty of Law (FD)
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FLSH)
- Faculty of Economics (FSE)
- Faculty of Health Sciences (FSSA)
- Faculty of Science and Technology (FST)
- Higher Institute of Management (ISG)
- Higher Institute of Sports and Physical Education (ISEPS)
In operation since 1971, UMNG is the first and only public university in Congo today. UMNG has approximately 25,000 students enroll each year in its various academic and vocational training courses taught by a faculty of more than 600 permanent lecturers and researchers.